Monday, March 4, 2013

Indulgence---Should I Eat It?

To all those who have been waiting for a post from me (for over a year now! I cannot believe it!): I do apologize. However, I am going to be much better about posting something every once-in-a-while. We all have enough to read anyways, right?

I guess part of me was embarrassed, and still is, that I have not been cooking "from the ground" or eating "from the ground" as much as I had been when I was posting more frequently. (REFER to delicious picture)

I have had a habit of eating very healthy for the MOST part, but indulging in two of my favorite food groups: MAC & CHEESE and CHOCOLATE. 

The MAC you see above was taken a few weeks ago, when I went to the Cheesecake Factory. WOW. They have got some nice Mac & Cheese! (You might be noticing that I keep capitalizing Mac & Cheese...it is so wonderful that it deserves to stand out in a sentence).

ANY-WHO, my philosophy as of late has been such that when I am in the mood for something, I simply EAT IT. WHY?

Let's explore this: Do you ever find yourself wanting something like pizza or ice cream or chocolate, and then denying yourself of it? Of course, we all do that from time to time! But what usually happens? 

In my case, I end up eating MORE in the process of trying to find something to satisfy my craving...and then I am STILL not satisfied! So, why not just eat a little something not-so-incredibly-healthy and then be done with it?

Sometimes, I find it healthy to just relax and ENJOY something that is absolutely and utterly indulgent, and NOT make a big deal about it. After all, isn't that what exercising is for?

So, I guess the KEY here is BALANCE. 

BALANCE! Imagine that? Don't blog TOO little. Don't blog TOO much. 

Don't eat TOO healthy. Don't indulge TOO much. 

Enough said. 


2 comments:

RFortunato said...

I couldn't agree more!! Well said. : )

Susie said...

Thanks, Rebecca. :) I'm ready to indulge after this cleanse I'm on, but I also don't want to mess up all the work I've done. Gotta take it nice and easy. :)