Monday, November 7, 2011

Warm, Moist, and Comforting: The BEST Pumpkin Bread of the Season!

YES! This recipe DOES have a TON of sugar! I have to try making it with less…

You could try using half whole wheat flour and raw sugar in place of the white…

BUT…It is the BEST pumpkin bread I’ve EVER had! The chocolate chips and walnuts blow it over the top!

This is a modified version of the MOST HIGHLY RATED pumpkin bread on allrecipes.com. It has 5 stars and 4,590 hits! Stats don’t lie!

The only reasons (excuses...) I have to add this almost-sinful recipe to my blog are:

·        It’s fall, which means you have to slightly indulge yourself ;)

·        It has NO DAIRY: the only thing that prevents it from begin vegan is the eggs.

·        A SMALL slice is ultra-satisfying. If you have company over and serve this, it will prevent you from eating the entire thing! J


·        I LOVE it! And it reminds me of my childhood…my mom used to pack extra slices in my school lunches to share with my friends.

Keep in mind too…this recipes makes THREE LOAVES!

But we always pour all the batter into one bundt cake pan and bake it for about an hour and a half, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.

These can also be baked in two 12-cup muffin tins for about 25-30 minutes.

Pumpkin Spice Bread

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 15-oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Hi it is me your traders Joes customer stalking your blog!

Susie said...

Yay! I love being stalked online! haha

Thanks so much for checking out my blog! :)

I look forward to hearing your comments on my recipes and seeing you soon at TJ's!