Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Broccoli Coleslaw and a Surprise!


Here I enjoy peanut butter and honey on whole grain artisan bread with a sautéed frozen edamame and vegetable mix and yet another one of my favorite products from my favorite store---broccoli coleslaw from Trader Joe’s.

Now, you may be thinking, “Really, broccoli in coleslaw?”

I understand your concern. Which is why I’m prepared to clarify a few things:

1. This coleslaw is made, not with broccoli heads, but broccoli stalks. And these stalks are shredded in the usual coleslaw manner.

2. The dressing to prepare for this kind of coleslaw is not made with mayonnaise, but oil and vinegar.

Now, if you think broccoli coleslaw is unexpected, wait until you hear this:

The company that makes the coleslaw is now my employer! I have the privilege and pleasure of creating the store sign art at Trader Joe’s!

And tomorrow, I get to sample new products! So prepare to hear tasty tidbits about Trader Joe’s!

No comments: