Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall Back Into the Season: Cook Off with Me, Myself, and I

Last November, I posted a recipe for Roasted Vegetable Soup, which happens to be one of my FAVORITE fall recipes!

All week I’ve been watching customers at Trader Joe’s buy pumpkin, butternut squash, and chocolate, which inspired me to spend my Saturday afternoon cooking as much fall-themed food as I could manage!

Here’s the afternoon's eats:

Roasted Vegetable Soup

Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Muffins

Chocolate Coconut Granola

And they were a hit! There are only 2 muffins left! (I made 12, and then my older brother proceeded to eat 5! And he RARELY eats anything but fruit, fish, eggs, vegetables, and nuts!)

Instead of simply re-posting the Roasted Vegetable Soup recipe, I’ve provided some pictures and helpful hints to make the prep work easy.

After you’ve read these tips, check out the recipe:


Al-righty! First things first:

When pealing the butternut squash and other vegetables, hold them over a bowl in the sink---this way all the peals will collect in one spot, saving much clean up!


Careful when pealing that squash! It can put up a tough fight and you can easily peal something other than the squash… :/


Cut it in half, carefully, and then into quarters, eighths, and so on, until you have this: (with all the other veggies, of course ;)


MORE PICTURES (and recipes) FROM my FALL COOK OFF to COME! 


No comments: