Monday, October 31, 2011

Meals Under $10: Meatless Meatball Sandwhich


These past few weeks, I’ve felt like eating things that I don’t normally crave.

What do you do when that happens to you?

I keep seeing all this delicious-looking crusty bread everywhere! So I had to buy me some!

However, I limit myself to ONE roll at a time! In my mind, it’s better to eat what I want in a small portion that eat TONS of other things in an attempt to satisfy my craving. ;)

These are the crown rolls that I used in an earlier post of minestrone soup:

http://cookingfromtheground.blogspot.com/2011/10/easy-and-economical-minestrone-soup_16.html


THREE INGREDINTS (all from Trader Joe’s):

The tomato basil marinara is only $1.79! :)

Meatless Meatball Sandwhich

Meatless Meatballs

Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce

Crown Artisian Rolls

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Heat the the meatless meatballs in a large pot with the tomato basil marinara sauce for 10 minutes.

Place the crown artisian rolls in the oven for about 5-7 minutes, or until warm and soft.

Using a bread knife, slice the rolls in half and scoop 4 meatballs with sauce on one half.

Place the other half of the roll on top, or use it as a dipper for the sacue.

If you have extra meatballs and sauce, save them and toss them with whole wheat pasta for another quick meal. J


Get messy! J

No comments: